7 Signs You Grew Up Christian
19 Things Only People Who Grew Up in New York City Understand
1. It's not actually anything likeGossip Girl.Parties happen, but in two-bedroom apartments where you've convinced the deli to bring you beer. Themed masked balls do not ever happen.
2. Being terrified to drive once you finally get your license.At 18. Or 21. Or 25.
3. You have known since you were 10 that there is no way anyone onFriendscould actually afford the apartments they lived in.Ditto for Carrie Bradshaw.
4. No, you have not been to the top of the Empire State Building.No, you don't want to go when your friends come to town.
5. Your high school application process was just as much work as your college application process.At 13, you went on tours, took entrance exams (and prep courses for said exams), wrote essays, and filled out forms.
6. Constantly having to explain to people that the city's geography is diverse enough that you did, indeed, grow up around trees and yards.And that your family had a car. And a driveway. Queens is a magical place (andnotpart of Long Island).
7. What real pizza is.
8. What real bagels are.And that scooping them out is blasphemy.
9. You will always feel in your heart that the skyline is missing a piece.And you remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when it happened.
10. You have no patience for people who complain about their commutes.Your middle and high schools were not near your home, so you've been commuting since you were 12.
11. The joy of your student MetroCard working on the weekend even though it wasn't supposed to.And the pain of buying one in the summers. And all the time as an adult.
12. Once the weather got nice, your gym classes took place in the closest park since your school didn't have fields.You've been doing laps around the Central Park reservoir since you were 15.
13. Your continued amusement when your friends moved to NYC after college and thought they found the best (blank).John's has the best pizza; please do not tell me otherwise.
14. You can stand and read on a rattling subway without holding on,you can fall asleep on one and still wake up for your stop, and you can do all of this while dodging and ignoring breakdancing troupes and mariachi bands.
15. You know the location of every pool hall in the city,because they were the only place you could hang after school for as long as possible on as little money as possible when you were underage.
16. You did not apply to any colleges in the citybecause you knew your parents would never pay ,000 for you to live in a dorm two miles away from home.
17. The joy of having your family, high school friends, and college friends all in one place when you graduated college and everyone moved to New York.
18. You have lost track of the number of times you have had this conversation:
You: Where are you from?
Person: New York City.
You: Where in the city?
Person: Well, a little outside New York.
You: *Giant eye roll at everyone from Long Island/Westchester/New Jersey who claims they are from the city when they are, in fact, not.*
19. You have also lost track of the number of times you have had this conversation:
You: I actually grew up in New York City.
Person: IN the city?!
Why is this so surprising? This city, which millions of people grew up in, is the best city in the entire world.
Video: 11 Things All Asian Kids Grew Up With
8 Reasons Why Rachel McAdams Deserves To Have Her Own McConaissance
Courtney Love Stars In The Latest Saint LaurentCampaign
How to Study Anatomy
5 Things Not to Buy at Drugstores
How to Reconcile a Friendship
Causes of yellow teeth and prevention tips for yellow teeth
7 Ways to Make Sex Extra Romantic
Finding The Best Shampoo For Oily Hair Is The Key To Your Healthy Look
Met Gala 2019: Madonna made surprise performance of Like A Prayer
Are 2,000 Designer Sweaters Fashion’s New It’ Item
5 Truths About Teeth Whitening You ShouldKnow
The 6 Best Minimalist Running Shoes for Women to Buy in 2019