Italian Apple Crostata Recipe
Caramelized Apple Crostata
2 1/2 lb. Granny Smith Apples
3 tbsp. butter
packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- PrepareApple Filling: In nonstick 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add apples, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup water, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are lightly browned and tender. Transfer apples to pie plate, refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- While apple mixture is chilling, prepareCookie Crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat butter and sugar until blended. Increase speed to high, beat until light and creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to medium, beat in whole egg and vanilla. With wooden spoon, stir in flour and salt until mixture is crumbly. With hand, press mixture together in bowl and knead a few times until flour is evenly moistened. Divide dough into 2 pieces, 1 slightly larger than the other. Shape smaller piece of dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, press larger piece of dough onto bottom and halfway up side of 11-inch round tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate lined tart pan.
- Remove smaller piece of dough from refrigerator. On lightly floured waxed paper, roll dough into 12-inch round. With pastry wheel or knife, cut dough into twelve 1-inch-wide strips. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Spread chilled Apple Filling over dough in tart pan to 1/2 inch from edge. Place 5 dough strips, 1 inch apart, across tart, trimming ends even with side of tart pan. Repeat with 5 more strips, placed diagonally across first ones to make a diamond-lattice pattern. Trim ends.
- With hands, roll trimmings and remaining strips of dough into about 1/4-inch-thick ropes. Press ropes around side of tart to create a finished edge. (If rope pieces break, just press them together.)
- In cup, beat egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water. Brush egg-yolk mixture over lattice and edge of tart.
- Bake tart 1 hour or until crust is golden. To prevent overbrowning, cover tart loosely with a tent of foil during the last 15 minutes of baking time. Cool tart in pan on wire rack. Remove tart from pan to serve.
Video: How to Make APPLE TART with PUFF PASTRY Easy recipe
How to Hang a Bike on the Wall
An EMT left their cashier post to help a sick customer
Cauliflower Cheese Soup with Bacon and Chicory Recipe
A Pair of Jackie Kennedy’s Shoes Just Sold for 30,000: See ThemHere
Lazy Girl’s Guide to Yoga: 3 Super-Easy Poses You Should Do EveryDay
Summer Berry and Sloe Gin Jelly Recipe
You can watch the video here
Surprising health and beauty benefits of drinking water
Study Finds That Its Dangerous For Men Over 35 To Have Children
Dating for Introverts 101
Date: 14.12.2018, 03:32 / Views: 85483