Homemade Sausage Turkey Dressing With Herbs For Thanksgiving! Easy Recipe by Rockin Robin
Herb-Rubbed Turkey with Sausage Stuffing
- Prepare Sausage Stuffing (below); set aside.
- Remove giblets and neck from turkey; refrigerate to use in soup another day. Rinse turkey well with running cold water and drain well.
- Spoon some stuffing lightly into neck cavity. Fold neck skin over stuffing; fasten neck skin to back with 1 or 2 skewers. With turkey breast-side up, lift wings toward neck, then fold them under back of turkey so they stay in place.
- Spoon remaining stuffing into body cavity. Close by folding skin lightly over opening; skewer closed if necessary. Depending on brand of turkey, with string, tie legs and tail together, or push drumsticks under band of skin, or use stuffing clamp.
- Place turkey, breast-side up, on rack in large roasting pan. In cup, mix rosemary, orange peel, salt, and pepper. Rub turkey all over with herb mixture. Cover turkey with a loose tent of foil. Insert meat thermometer through foil into thickest part of thigh next to body, being careful that pointed end of thermometer does not touch bone. Roast turkey in 325 degrees F. oven about 4 1/4 hours; start checking for doneness during last hour of roasting.
- To brown turkey, remove foil during last 30 minutes of roasting time and baste turkey occasionally with pan drippings. Turkey is done when thigh temperature on thermometer reaches 180 to 185 degrees F. and thickest part of drumstick feels soft when pressed with fingers protected by paper towels. (Breast temperature should be 170 to 175 degrees F., stuffing temperature 160 to 165 degrees F.)
- When turkey is done, place on warm large platter; keep warm.
Remove rack from roasting pan. Pour drippings through sieve into 4-cup measuring cup or medium bowl. Add 1/2 cup water to roasting pan and stir until brown bits are loosened; pour into drippings in measuring cup. Let drippings stand a few seconds until fat separates from meat juice. Spoon 2 tablespoons fat from drippings into 2-quart saucepan; skim and discard remaining fat. Add enough water to drippings in measuring cup to equal 3 cups.
- Into hot fat in saucepan over medium heat, stir flour and chicken bouillon; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Gradually stir in meat-juice mixture and cook, stirring, until gravy boils and thickens slightly. Pour into gravy boat.
- To serve, garnish platter with parsley sprigs and orange-peel roses. Serve turkey with stuffing and gravy.
Remove casings from 1 pound sweet Italian-sausage links. In 8-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook sausage meat, 3 medium-size celery stalks, chopped, and 1 medium-size onion, chopped, until sausage is golden brown and vegetables are tender, using spoon to break up sausage. Stir in 1 1/2 cups water and 1 teaspoon chicken-flavor instant bouillon, stirring to loosen brown bits from bottom of Dutch oven. Stir in one and one-half 16-ounce loaves firm white bread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 12 cups), and 1/4 cup chopped parsley until well mixed.
Video: World's-Best Sausage Stuffing Recipe
How to Be a Health Nut
13 Delicious Healthy Chocolate Smoothies
How to Get a Chemo Patient to Eat
How to Sell or Swap Gift Cards
John Mayer Confirms Katy Perry Split
How to Make Almond Flour Pancakes
Step Inside Virgin Australias New Business Class Cabin
CatCow: The Labor Prep Yoga Move
How to Organize a Meeting by Leaving an Answerphone Message
How to Swim in Cold Water
Date: 07.12.2018, 20:24 / Views: 34245