Capital One Platinum Review  Rebuild Credit Score
How to Apply for a Capital One Card
Capital One is a very popular credit card company with a wide range of credit card types. The company offers cards with various annual percentage rates, rewards like cash back and travel points, and special cards for businesses and people with poor or no credit. It's easy to find out how to apply for a Capital One card and the response is fast. Filling out an online application at the Capital One website is the easiest and fastest way to apply, but it can also be done by mail or phone.
Deciding Which Card to Apply For
Research the different cards available.Before applying for any credit card, you should take some time to inform yourself about the options available to you. Visit the Capital One website or do you own research to compare the cards they offer.
- Some websites allow you to do a side-by-side comparison of all the cards available.
- Look at the options and see which card best meets your needs. Consider your credit rating and history, income, the incentives that most interest you (e.g. travel miles, cash back, etc.), the interest rates and fees, the credit limit, and whether the card is for personal or business use.
- Generally speaking, you want to choose a card with a low interest rate and as few fees as possible. Keep in mind that if your credit is poor (or non-existent), you may have to accept a card with less favorable terms until you have built up a better credit score.
Review any mailed offers.Capital One routinely sends out offers for cards based on which cards people are most likely to be approved for. The offers come both by email and the postal service.
- If you've received one or more of these offers, there's a good chance you will be approved for the card or cards described. Review the terms of the offer letter, including the credit limit, interest rate, fees, and incentives to determine whether this is a card you would be interested in applying for.
Take the pre-qualification survey.Whether you've received an offer in the mail or not, you can take Capital One's pre-qualification survey. This survey will ask you some general questions about your income and credit history, as well as which incentives interest you most.
- This survey can be found on the Capital One website by clicking on "See if You're Pre-Qualified" under the "Credit Cards" tab.
- Based on your responses, you will be presented with some options for cards that you are likely to be approved for and which meet your needs.
- This survey is not a credit card application, it is just a way to determine which card or cards would be best for you.
Visit the Capital One Website.Most people who apply for credit cards today do so online. Whether you have received an offer from Capital One or not, your first step should be to visit the Capital One website.
Enter your reservation number and access code.If you have received an offer and wish to apply for that card, select "Respond to a mail offer" under the "Credit Cards" tab. Then fill in the reservation number and access code found in your offer letter.
- These numbers will be found together, usually at the bottom of the offer.
Apply for a specific card.If you have NOT received an offer, you can fill out the pre-qualification survey described in part one, or simply choose one of the cards Capital One offers by selecting "Compare Credit Cards" under the "Credit Cards" tab.
- Once you've reached the page listing all the cards, simply click the green "Apply Now" button next to the card that interests you.
Fill out the form.You should now be presented with an online form to apply for the card you've chosen or been offered. Fill out the form completely. You'll need to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your phone number(s) and physical address (not a PO Box)
- Your social security number (this is required by federal law)
- Your income
- Your place of employment and contact information for your employer
- Your date of birth
- Information about any bank accounts you have
- If you are 21 years of age or older, you will often be approved instantly upon completion of this form.
Provide proof of income if required.After submitting your application, you will often need to prove that you actually earn as much money as you have claimed in your application. The bank will contact you by mail. Wait for this letter, which will specify what constitutes acceptable proof of income.
- Respond promptly with the requested documents to receive your card as soon as possible.
Wait for your card to arrive.Once final approval has been granted, you will be contacted with details about your credit limit. Then, you simply wait for your card to arrive in the mail.
- Your card will typically arrive within seven to 10 business days of your approval.
Applying by Mail or Phone
Fill out the form enclosed with your offer letter.If you have received an offer letter by mail, you have the option to apply for a card by mail as well. To do this, simply fill out the paper form enclosed with your offer letter and mail it in to Capital One.
- This form will ask for the same information as the online application.
- There will typically be a postage-paid return envelope enclosed with your offer letter to return the application form.
Call the application center.You can also apply for a Capital One card by phone. To do this, call the application center at 1-800-695-5500.
- If you've received an offer letter, have it handy so you can give your reservation number and access code.
- If you haven't received an offer letter, simply answer the questions of the banker.
- You can also ask them to mail you a paper application form if you would prefer to apply ths way.
Provide proof of income.As with an online application, you may need to provide proof of income. Wait for a letter specifying which documents should be provided.
Wait for your card to arrive.As with an online application, you should receive your card within seven to 10 business days once you are approved.
- You can make this process faster and easier if you gather the necessary information about your income and bank accounts before beginning the application. This is especially valuable for phone applications, when you'll be talking to a banker, or online applications, which time out after a certain period of inactivity.
Video: How to Apply for Capital One Credit Cards
How to Get More REM Sleep
So what’s in the new Lush egg foundation
Anthony Vaccarello SpringSummer 2015 Collection – Paris Fashion Week
How to Ripen Plantains
Yoga Poses to Stretch and Strengthen the Psoas
Iced Berries with a Hot White Chocolate Sauce Recipe
How to Choose Your Prom Dress
New plan for binge drinkers
Dedicated Style Tips: Band Tees
How to Write More During a Writing Assessment Test
John Boyega: Meet Star Wars’ New Leading Man