Word 2016 - Change Default Font
How to Change the Default Font on Windows Notepad
Tired of the same old font on Windows Notepad? Want to infuse a little more personality into your text files? Change the font in Windows Notepad for a more personalized feel.
Open Notepad.There will be different ways to find and launch Notepad depending on which Windows version you have.
- Windows Vista and XP:Click the "Start" buttons in the bottom left-hand corner on your task bar. Mouseover "Programs", then "Accessories", and click "Notepad" to open.
- Windows 7:Click the "Start" button in the bottom left-hand corner on your task bar. In the search box, type "Notepad", and in the list of results, click "Notepad".
- Windows 8:Go to your Start Screen and simply start typing "Notepad". A pop-up should appear on the left-hand side of the screen. Click "Notepad" to open it.
Click "Format".This is located on the menu bar and displays a drop down menu with two options.
Select "Font" from the menu.This will open a separate window that displays font options, font styles, and size.
Select the font, style and size you want to use.This will change the font of the entire file. So any bolding or italicizing will be applied to the entire document. Notepad does not have the option of changing fonts of specific sections of text.
Press "OK" to save your settings.Now, when you type in Notepad, you will be using your chosen font.
QuestionCan I change the color of the font?Top AnswererNotepad only allows you to change font, font style, and font size. You could use Wordpad for color.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I change the font size on Notepad?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOpen a new notepad and click "Format" on the top left. In the drop down menu, click "Fonts." You can choose your font size there.Thanks!
QuestionCan I change the font of a single word in notepad?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, all you have to do is highlight the word and then select the font you'd like.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I change different size of different words in notepad?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGo to the far right side and it will have "Size" and click a size you would like, then press ok.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I bold one sentence in Windows 10 Notepad? When I highlight the sentence (which is the title), the rest of the page becomes bold, too.wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTry setting Word Wrap under Format to off.Thanks!
Is there a shortcut for changing the font in Notepad?
How do I change the default font for just selected text?
- The default Notepad font is Lucida Console, Regular, 10.
- You can set only one default font, which Notepad will use every time that it opens a file. You cannot set one paragraph in Arial, and another in Times New Roman because the settings are not saved within the text file, but rather in the Windows Notepad program itself.
- If you want to use more than one font, you should use a more complex word processor such as Wordpad or Microsoft Word.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Português: , Русский: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Italiano: , Deutsch:
Video: How to Change Default System font in Windows 10
Jennifer Garner on Her New HBO Show Camping’ and the One Thing She’ll Never Do Onscreen
Kristen Stewart’s Relationship Is Tragic’ says Stephenie Meyer
4 Time-Saving Beauty Products
Holiday Cookie Cards
Sexiest, Most Iconic Celeb Swimsuits Ever
New Moon Soundtrack Track ListReleased
How to Know if You Can Care for a Rottweiler
Autism Signs May Be Missed in Short Checkups
Sportmax SpringSummer 2019 Collection Embraces Serenity
Know How Your Home Can Help You Lose Weight
How to Lead a Successful Meeting
Burberry Prorsum FallWinter 2014-2015 Campaign
How to Tell a Girl You Like Her when You Lack Confidence