Service Request Management How to Submit a Service Request - SRM
How to Submit a Service Request on ActiveBuilding
If your apartment home utilizes ActiveBuilding to manage service requests, submitting requests online is one of the easiest, and most convenient ways to submit service requests directly to the maintenance staff, as ActiveBuilding allows you to submit service requests directly to maintenance personnel 24/7. The instruction set will also show you how to grant access to your apartment so the maintenance personnel can enter the unit.
Creating Your ActiveBuilding Account
Register with your apartment building. The email listed on your application will also be the email used to login to the ActiveBuilding service. You may either go to activebuilding.com, or access the website through the resident portal on your apartment building’s website.
Create an ActiveBuilding password. Make sure you record this password, as you will use it every time you log on.
Creating the Service Request
Click the tab labeled ‘Submit a Request.’ This tab is located on the left-hand side of the screen under the section “Quick Links.” This tab will take you to the service requests page.
Click on the ‘Submit a Service Request’ link. At the top of the screen you will see two options. One link says ‘Current Service Requests’, and another reads ‘Submit a Service Request.’ Click on either of the links that say ‘Submit a Service Request’ and you will be taken to the service request submission form.
Fill out and respond to the questions on the form. You will be asked a series of questions about your maintenance issue. Respond truthfully and accurately. Try to be as descriptive as possible in order to ensure the highest quality attention to your issue. The questions you will be asked include:
- What type of problem are you having? Please select the appropriate category for your issue from the drop-down menu. For example, if your heat is not working please select ‘Heating and Cooling’.
- Location. Indicate which room(s) in your apartment is/are affected.
- What is causing the issue? What specific piece of equipment, appliance, or other component of your apartment is dysfunctional. If you are not sure of what is causing the issue, please select ‘other’.
- What is the issue? Please indicate your issue by selecting the closest choice on the drop-down menu. These answers are generated based on your answers to the previous questions. The options on the menu are common issues found relating to the category your previously selected. If you don’t see your specific problem listed, please select ‘Other - please see comments.’ If you select this option, type an accurate, detailed report of your issue in the box provided.
Granting Access to Your Apartment
Grant access. Underneath the report you filled out about your maintenance issue, you will see your contact information, followed by a series of questions. The first asks when maintenance staff has your permission to enter. You may either click ‘At anytime’ or ‘By appointment only.’ If you select ‘By appointment only’ you will then be prompted to enter a time and day for your appointment.
Enter pet information and alarm codes. You will be asked if your pet information has changed. This is to ensure that maintenance personnel can service your apartment using pet-friendly methods. In some instances, you may be required to remove your pet from the unit before, during, or after maintenance. Submit any changes to your alarm code so maintenance staff can access the unit.
Leave entry notes and submit. If there is anything you would like the maintenance staff to know before entering your unit, leave a message in the entry notes comment box. After you are done with this final step, you may submit the form and it will be delivered to the maintenance staff immediately. Maintenance technicians will also be notified of any emergency service requests, such as an overflowing toilet, issues with door locks, or any other service requests that require immediate attention.
- You will receive an email notification after your request has been received. If you did not receive an email notification, speak to the office staff to ensure that your request was received.
- After you have submitted the request, your service request will be accessible under the 'Current Service Requests' tab.
Video: How to Submit a Service Request Online
How to Build Wealth in Your 20s
How the Oscars Treated Breastfeeding Moms
28 times Emma Watson just had the loveliest hair
An Amazing Thing Happened When I Surrounded Myself With Junk Food
Always Bloated These 5 Foods Are the Culprits
How to Download Previous iBooks Purchases to iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Feel More Better’s Not Photoshopped Campaign: 28 Bloggers Join theCause
Emma Stone Soft Sleek Medium Straight Hairstyles
20 Best Red Lipsticks for Fair, Medium and Dark Skin Tones
What to Do When Your Friend Makes More Money