How to tell if a diamond is real or fake.
How to Tell if It's Cubic Zirconia and to See the Best Quality
When buying wholesale for your jewelry store, check out the quality of the loose cubic zirconia stones you are buying before paying. Be sure you are getting what you pay for and the quality that will please your customers. Whether ordering loose cubic zirconia (or lab created gems), simulated stones, or synthetic gems, choose only those items that will give lasting enjoyment. If you're trying to determine if the stone you have is quality cubic zirconia, here are some ways to tell.
Look at the color.Loose cubic zirconia stones are generally colorless, but many shades of colors can be added using trace elements during the manufacturing process.
Check the clarity.Clarity, or clearness, of loose cubic zirconia is a quality factor. The manufacturing process can sometimes cloud a stone, making visible imperfections. Just as with genuine diamonds, the clearer the stone is, the greater the value.
Check the cut.Cut is very important in determining the quality for loose cubic zirconia stones. Just as with diamonds, the cut reveals the stone's beauty through every facet. The facets must be even and precise to create just the right appearance. As with diamonds, the skill of the stone cutter makes all the difference because stone cutters do much more than cut. They analyze the stone carefully to determine how much of the stone should be cut off to give proper clarity. Then, they take many steps to perfect their cut without taking away from the stone.
- The Brilliant cut is the standard
- There are other popular cuts such as the Trillion, Princess, and Radiant cuts.
- There are also a variety of shapes to give each stone its own unique personality.
QuestionIs an AAA CZ hard to tell if it's a fake?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNot to a decent jeweler, they should be able to show you the difference between a fake stone and a better quality stone, if you are not happy with what they tell you, you can go elsewhere and get a second opinion.Thanks!
- White cubic zirconia stones are graded for quality. These resemble genuine diamonds. They are graded as A, AAA, and AAAAA with cubic zirconia AAAAA being the highest grade. CZ AAA stones are the most popular among jewelry stores because they still offer great quality at affordable prices. Prices range from upwards for beautiful jewelry pieces of this grade.
- Loose cubic zirconia stones are harder than other gemstones, but not harder than diamonds, sapphires, rubies, or chrysoberyl. Hardness is determined by Mohs' scale of hardness. The highest grade of cubic zirconia is AAAAA, which measures 8.5 in hardness on the Mohs' scale.
Video: Pawn Stars | How to Spot a Fake Diamond with Rick Harrison
You May Never Stop Laughing After You Hear This Babys Unexpected Chuckle
Healthiest Greek Salad
2 Genius Ways To Store Christmas Ornaments—And Keep Them From Breaking
TALLY WEiJL Spring 2012 Fashion Collection
How to Motivate Lazy Students
Couple Gets 4D Ultrasound of Their Baby, Find Something Unsettling In Image
How to Make a Damn Good Decision
Healthy Sausage Brands, Recipe, and Tips
How to View Fall Foliage
Ben Affleck Thanks Jennifer Garner for Her Support While In Rehab
10 Reasons Why New Year’s Resolutions Fail
How to Use Windows Photo Gallery
Just in: Your April 2019Horoscope