Orecchiette Pasta with Broccoli Rabe - Ep. 1 - Marco's Urban Kitchen
Pasta with Caramelized Onions and Broccoli Rabe
Jun 25, 2007
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Total Time: 0 hours 40
12 oz. fusilli or linguine
large sweet onions
bunch broccoli rabe
Olive or Salad Oil
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- In saucepot, prepare fusilli as label directs, using 2 teaspoons salt in water. Drain fusilli, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water. Return fusilli to saucepot; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, slice onions into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut off root ends and discard tough outer leaves from broccoli rabe.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot olive or salad oil, cook onions and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt until golden brown, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup water. Reduce heat to low; cover and continue cooking 5 minutes longer or until onions are very tender. Remove onions to bowl.
- In same skillet over medium-high heat, in 2 tablespoons hot olive or salad oil, cook broccoli rabe, crushed red pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until broccoli rabe is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Return onions to skillet with broccoli rabe. Stir in reserved pasta cooking water; heat through.
- To serve, arrange fusilli on large platter; spoon onion and broccoli-rabe sauce on top.
Video: “One Pan” Orecchiette Pasta with Sausage and Arugula - How to Cook Pasta & Sauce in One Pan
How to Build a Robot Car
Not-So-Hidden Salt Shockers
Family says 13-year-old died after sinus infection spread to his brain
4 Things You Need To Stop Saying After Getting A Compliment
Dry vs. Dehydrated Skin: This Is How to Spot the Difference
Making Sense of Your Calcium Score
Ham Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits
50 Updo Hairstyles for Black Women Ranging from Elegant to Eccentric
Mayim Bialik apologizes for Harvey Weinstein op-ed
Honoring David Bowie Burberry Style at Men’s Fashion Show
Easy DIY Grapefruit Cellulite Scrub
Date: 14.12.2018, 03:48 / Views: 35185