High Blood Pressure – Take Control
Suffering from high blood pressure? Know your risk factors!
- Salt and alcohol intake can cause a spike in blood pressure levels.
- Men are at higher risk of developing hypertension as compared to females.
- Maintain a healthy weight and adopting a healthier lifestyle to lower the risk.
Hypertension has become a common problem worldwide. High blood pressure can do immense harm to your body like it increases the risk of , kidney disease and stroke.
Several studies suggest that the rates of hypertension have increased substantially in India over the past few decades. Essential hypertension is the most commpn type of . It is called essential as the cause of their hypertension is unknown. All adults are at risk of developing hypertension. But certain factors increase your risk of developing high blood pressure.
Some of these factors can be modified where as some others cannot be controlled like
- Family history of high blood pressure
- Men are at higher risk of developing hypertension as compared to females
- Risk of hypertension is increased in male over the age of 45 and female over the age of 55.
Certain risk factors for hypertension can be controlled like
- Body weight or body mass index: Obese people have higher risk of developing hypertension
- Physical activity: Increase in physical activity decreases high blood pressure
- Intake of salt and sodium, or alcohol
- Prehypertension: You have prehypertension if your systolic blood pressure is between 120-139 mmHg and diastolic BP is between 80-89 mmHg. It shows that you are at higher risk of developing hypertension. Lifestyle modifications can prevent or delay the disease from developing.
You can lower your risk of hypertension or control high blood pressure by maintaining a and adopting a healthier lifestyle.
Video: High Blood Pressure | Hypertension | Nucleus Health
The 10 Most Toxic Items At Dollar Stores
Latest pattern blouse designs 2019 front back
Why Do My Feet Sweat So Much
How to Get Rid of Bad Smells in Your Fridge
Get The Facts About Inhalants and Huffing
This is why you yawn when someone else yawns next to you
How a Little SM Can Help You Heal After Sexual Trauma
How to Write an Introduction for a Persuasive Speech
How to (Really) Wash a Bathing Suit: 6 Non-NegotiableTips
How to Storm Proof Your Home
How to Build Wealth in Your 20s
How to Be a Hospital Advocate
How to Ways to Get Better at Estimate Time for Tasks